DRILL AND FILL INSULATION
In Cambridge, for Drill and Fill Insulation, there are two main options available. The first choice is using a type of insulation called"cellulose," which is commonly used in regular attics. The second option is pourable foam that's 1-lb open-cell foam. Both of these options are certified as safe by CCMC for residential homes.
When you opt for the cellulose version of drill and fill insulation, here's what you can expect:
- Our team will cover your belongings nearby to protect them.
- They will create about 2-4 holes in each section, and these holes are around 2 inches in diameter.
- Some dust might settle, even though our team will work carefully. The process can create airborne dust from drilling.
- Once the job is finished, our team will seal the holes with sheetrock 90.
- You'll experience improved comfort, reduced noise, and lower utility costs.
- There might be some pressure build-up inside the space, leading to potential stress cracks.
- Over time, the insulation might settle a bit at the top of the wall due to its loose nature.