Heat loss in your home can cost you a significant amount of money in energy bills. Regardless of how effective your HVAC system is, your home will still lose heat if it is not properly insulated.
The experts at Reitzel Insulation have 46 years of experience in the industry. By installing insulation in your Kitchener or Burlington area home, we can help you to reduce your carbon footprint, feel consistently comfortable, and lower your energy bills.
HOW INSULATION WORKS TO PREVENT HEAT LOSS
In order to understand why proper insulation is so important, you may benefit from learning about heat loss. Once you know how that works, it is easy to see how insulation prevents heat from escaping your home:
- How Heat Escapes – Heat can leave your residential structure in a variety of ways. It might slip away through the attic and roof, walls that are poorly insulated, and the floor. It can also get out through gaps in the framework of your doors and windows.
- Heat Transfer – “Conduction” is the process by which heat is transferred from the interior of your home through solid objects and to the outdoors. The term “convection” refers to the process of heat transfer through the air. “Radiation” is the term used to describe heat transfer through a vacuum, such as the kind of heat you would feel coming from a fireplace.
- Floorboards – If your home was built on cold rock or soil, heat can be lost by way of conduction. Essentially, this means that the heat in your home seeps through the floorboards. It is then propelled into the cold ground beneath your home.
- Walls – When the walls of your home are not insulated as well as they should be, heat may be lost through the convection process.
- Your Home – As a structure unto itself, your home can radiate heat into the atmosphere around it. This is what happens when a building has not been insulated sufficiently.
- Insulation – To prevent the heat from being transferred outside of your home, you can have insulation strategically placed in various parts of your building. Insulation serves to stop the flow of air from seeping outdoors, and it consequently keeps the flow of heat indoors. Ideally, you will have the entire framework of your home insulated, from the roof to the walls, floors and basement.
STOP HEAT LOSS BY GETTING YOUR HOME INSULATED
Home insulation is vital to keep your home warm and energy efficient. Lack of insulation or poorly installed insulation will counteract even the best HVAC system. If your home requires new or better protection from the elements, the pros at Reitzel Insulation are here to help. We want you to get the most from your heating system, and you can only do that with proper insulation.
We serve the Kitchener-Waterloo Region and surrounding areas, and we are happy to address your insulation concerns. If you have questions about insulating your home, do not hesitate to reach us at 226-241-9991. You may also get in touch with us by filling out our online contact form.