The Importance of Insulation for Your Renovation
You’ve painted your walls, installed granite countertops, and re-carpeted your living room. But, did you remember one of the most important home renovations: insulation? Many homeowners don’t realize how much improper insulation is costing them. But cost is only one of the many reasons why you should update your home’s insulation.
WHY INVEST IN UPDATING YOUR INSULATION?
There are plenty of reasons why you should put “insulation” near the top of your renovation checklist.
- Keep utility costs down. Properly insulating your home saves you money in the long run by reducing utility costs. In fact, by minimizing air leakage, you lower monthly energy costs by up to 50%. This means your new insulation could pay for itself within a few years.
- Meet building code requirements. While in the past, any form of insulation could do, nowadays, amendments to building codes require insulation levels to meet certain criteria. There are many modern solutions available, such as spray foam insulation, which reduces air leakage and resists heat flow better than other insulation types.
- Contribute to your home’s re-sale value. Up-to-date insulation can be very attractive to potential buyers. When you can emphasize how much money they’ll save on utility costs, you’ll see their ears perk up and their minds made up about buying your home.
- Improve your home’s comfort level. By reducing the amount of heat that escapes your home during the winter—and protecting it from getting too hot in the summer—the most efficient form of insulation can keep your home comfortable during any season. It also helps you maintain a more constant temperature throughout your home.
- Save energy resources. Everyone wants to do their part to help the environment. If everyone would properly insulate their homes, among other environmentally-friendly choices, it would help reduce pollution and slow the effects of global warming.
HOW TO INSULATE YOUR HOME
It’s important to turn to a professional for proper insulation installation. Choose a professional service that’s guaranteed to increase your home’s energy efficiency—and return your home to a clean condition when the project is finished! Also, choose a company that guarantees their work with a workmanship warranty.
The experts at Reitzel Insulation offer spray foam and blown-in insulation service, as well as insulation removal and fireproofing. Because your satisfaction is important to us, we offer a five-year workmanship warranty. With 38 years and over 100,000 projects under our belt, we will improve the energy-efficiency of your home—guaranteed! Call us at 1-877-868-0456 and we’ll be happy to help you.
MORE ARTICLESSpray Foam Insulation Cost in Ontario 2021R-60 Cellulose Insulation ProjectIs Spray Foam Insulation Worth It?How to Stay Warm and Cozy at Home During the Winter SeasonSpray Foam Insulation Advantages And DisadvantagesBest Advice for Managing Air Leaks in Your HomeFrequently Asked Questions About Fireproofing Your Insulation5 Facts About Crawl Space Insulation5 Insulation Misconceptions4 Things To Consider When Converting Your Attic